List of admin and users
This is where all the users' configuration takes place.
To add a new user, just click on
+ Add User and provide the information required.
New user form
At the moment, we allow administrators to:
- Promote another user as an admin
- Degrade another user as a basic user
- Remove access rights
To do so, just click on the list under the Role column on the right side of the targeted user:
Assigning rights to Admin to John Doe
For removing access right you need to apply your choice:
Removing access to John Doe
Administrators are able to associate security filters to users. When defined, these users only see subsets of all the available data on the platform. Like this,
- Support, sales, and marketing people access the analytics they truly desire without bothering the developer.
- Partners can access things that concerns them without exposing internal or sensitive data
- Customers can get details about their activity and other metrics related to your service
In the illustration below, we assign Support the right to see the data only coming from hostname analytics1 & analytics 2
Define security filters for Support
If we sign in as Support we can now observe that only hostname analytics1 & analytics 2 appear. Support won't see any data associated to other countries anymore:
Support only sees what he is allowed to